Thursday, February 7, 2008

This Old Trashy House

Remember the song Oscar the Grouch is famous for?

"I Love Trash, anything dirty or dingy or dusty, anything ragged or rotten or rusty, Oh I love trash"

With the exception of rotten, I very much agree with Oscar. Although, if I found the stained glass window I've been searching for surrounded by rotten trash, I would definitely deal with it!

We continue to have absolutely no problem finding free home furnishings in the Collingswood trash. And, I'm happy to report that my craigslist addiction has been completely cured. But now I have a trash obsession. Oh well, at least the stuff is free, in good shape. readily available, and I don't have to arrange times to pick it up. Sniff, sniff.....goodbye Craig.....

On Monday, Evelyn's friend Johnny is coming over and I'll put them to work in the furniture rehab department. Mostly paint updates on bookcases, Tv stand, coffee table legs, and an old freestanding kitchen cabinet (with enamal/porcelain top)!! If local temperatures continue to be above 50 degrees, we can also go outside and zap the wicker chairs with some nice spray paint.

Here's a picture of the freestanding kitchen cabinet. It was sold by Gimbels, and it's probably from the 1940's era. Thus far, I've cleaned the daylights out of it, took the doors off, stripped the hardware off, and sanded down the cabinet. All that's left is to sand the doors and drawers, clean it really good again, give the whole thing a coat of paint, and re-install the hardware. I think it will go in the basement laundry area.


RECYCLE REUSE RESTORE -- There is no greener way to go!!

1 Comments:

At February 8, 2008 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah! Other people throw away the craziest stuff. I love to go to our city recycling center... there is a wood pile for constuction debris, and it has the BEST stuff in it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home